KKV’s success depends upon our ability to maintain deep roots in Kalihi Valley. We know that this community is rich with cultural knowledge, wisdom, and diverse talents, and we aim to uplift these gifts through our hiring practices. As a result, many of our employees and volunteers come directly from the community we serve. KKV is an equal opportunity employer.
Clinic Operations Manager
Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) has an exciting opportunity for a Clinic Operations Manager who is able to successfully supervise employees conducting front office tasks and eligibility staff. This manager needs to work independently and thrive in a fast paced environment with a variety of duties in a health center committed to excellence and quality services.
Responsible for all aspects of the office to include management of staff and the functions for intake, insurance verification, collecting co pays, and eligibility.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills and ability to handle patient related issues
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of EMR systems
BA/BS or comparable education and training
At least two years experience in a medical / healthcare practice in a similar position and one year of supervisory experience (required)
PBX Operator / Receptionist (Part Time)
Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) is looking for a part time (19 hours /week) PBX OPERATOR / RECEPTIONIST to answer phones, transfer phone calls and greet patients on Saturdays (10 hours) and other weekdays as needed / assigned. KKV is a great organization to work for and has been selected as one of the Best Places to Work in Hawaii. This position does not include any benefits.
-One year experience as receptionist / phone operator / greeter
-Prefer experience in a community health clinic setting
-Ability to work with multicultural staff and clients
-Clean criminal background check
-High school graduate
Ensure accurate processing and recording of company's payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in all aspects of payroll processing. We offer career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Perform daily payroll department operations
-Audit and reconcile wide range of personnel actions and payroll documents for more than 200 employees.
-Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
-Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
-Understand all aspects of payroll in regards to payroll laws and regulations
-Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
-Assist employees in registering for or resetting access to online portal
-Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
-Research and email appropriate audience of file issues
-BS, BA or at least 2 years’ experience processing payroll.
-Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
-Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
-Strong PC skills including proficiency in MS Office.
-Working knowledge of ALTRES HPW preferred.
-Must be able to work on tight deadlines with flexibility
-Strong work ethic and team player with excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
-High degree of professionalism.
-Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
-Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
-Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
-Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
Part time (19 hr week) needed to assist with keeping Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) health center locations in good working order by performing a variety of carpentry, basic electrical, painting, plastering, basic plumbing and other mechanical repair work. Maintain KKV small outdoor landscape by cutting grass, trimming hedges and plants, water, fertilize and repair sprinkler. Must have experience in landscaping, basic plumbing skills, basic carpentry skills and painting experience.
Position is part time (19 hrs week) with no benefits. Working hours vary and must be able to work some evenings and weekends as scheduled.
Must be a high school graduate and have a current State of Hawaii Driver’s License and acceptable driving abstract.
Behavioral Health Case Manager
Looking for a Case Manager position for working with Clients with Behavioral Health Conditions at a Community Health Center serving an ethnically diverse multicultural populations in Kalihi. Responsible for the assessment, care planning and monitoring, crisis intervention, ongoing psychosocial support and counseling and community outreach of assigned clients.
Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Science field, required. Master’s Level in Social Work (MSW), preferred. Case management experience in the community, preferred.
Working experience in social work and/or health field, preferred.
Tobacco Control Program Coordinator
Looking for a Coordinator position for Tobacco Control program at a Community Health Center serving an ethnically diverse multicultural populations in Kalihi. Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and oversight of tobacco cessation and prevention programs. Provide individual and group tobacco cessation counselling and community outreach and education. Tobacco Cessation Counselling Training will be provided as part of job training.
Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Science, required. Master’s in Public Health (MPH) or Social Work (MSW) or Health Sciences preferred. Working experience in health field preferred.
DENTAL HYGIENIST (FT)
Responsible for providing dental hygiene patient care and managing the school based dental sealant program under the direction of staff dentists.
- Skills / Knowledge – Required: Effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work with multi-cultural staff and client populations; Strong facilitation, management, and problem-solving skills; Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Education / Training – Required: Graduated from an accredited dental
hygiene school; Licensed in the State of Hawaii as a Dental Hygienist
or eligible to receive licensure; Computer literate with proficiency in
(or ability to learn) Dentrix Enterprise or other dental practice software
DENTAL OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (FT)
Looking for an organized, professional and energetic leader. Responsible to
oversee daily operations and providing supervision and training for dental
assistants and non-clinical staff.
Essential Duties: Represents the vision, values, and objectives of the
department; Manages administrative functions of the department; Coordinates scheduling for all dental staff; Supervises dental assistants and non-clinical staff; Facilitates inter-office team communication; Monitors key indicators in order to evaluate attainment of clinic goals; Ability to run reports and interpret data collection for key indicators, Communicates with internal department and external agencies; Coordinates the interviewing, orientation, and training of new dental staff; Administers dental assistant competencies
- Skills / Knowledge – Required: Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of dentistry. Effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work with multi-cultural staff and client populations; Strong facilitation, management, and problem-solving skills; Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Education / Training – Required: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, social work or communications. Computer literate with
Proficiency in (or ability to learn) Dentrix Enterprise or other dental
practice management software
- Experience – Required: Three years of experience working in a dental patient care setting. Strong supervisory experience.
DENTAL ASSISTANT (FT)
Essential Duties: Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by performing various duties.
- Skills / Knowledge – Required: Works well in group problem solving situations; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Works with integrity and ethically; Adapts
to changes in the work environment; Is consistently at work and on time; Follows instructions
- Education / Training - Required: High School Graduate or higher. Computer literate with Proficiency in (or ability to learn) Dentrix Enterprise
or other dental practice management software
- Experience – Preferred: Two years of dental assistant experience.
COMMUNITY ORAL HEALTH OUTREACH SPECIALIST (FT)
Looking for an organized, professional and energetic leader. Responsible for oral health education and outreach promoting our dental services to the community.
Essential Duties: Collaboration with dental providers to improve strategies to reach populations in need; Provide oral health education that are age and culturally appropriate; Provides education on accessing dental services; Liaison with schools and community based organizations; Educates community and professional groups on oral health; Distributes information targeting general public through events, Maintains records of community outreach contacts, Facilitates referrals to other department programs; Prepare weekly activity reports and measure program effectiveness
- Skills / Knowledge – Required: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates problem solving skills. Ability to work in a team setting with multi-cultural staff and client population.
- Education / Training – Preferred: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, social work or communications. Computer literate with
Proficiency in (or ability to learn) Dentrix Enterprise or other dental
practice management software
- Experience – Required: One year experience working in community based outreach / education.
AmeriCorps VISTA Community Outreach Assistant (Honolulu)
The Kalihi Valley Instructional Bike Exchange (KVIBE) is currently accepting AmeriCorps VISTA applications for a Community Outreach Assistant to establish and strengthen relationships between KVIBE and Kalihi service providers, educational institutions, religious and community-based organizations in an effort to develop KVIBE's youth mentoring program. Through these collaborative relationships KVIBE will engage Kalihi youth by promoting mental, physical, and social well-being through positive community engagement.
- Assist in the overall organization, promotion, and implementation of the First Annual Kalihi Ahupua'a Fun Ride in January 2017.
- Assist in the development of a peer-mentoring program and curriculum in consultation with KVIBE staff and relevant community partners.
- Identify community-based partners and develop creative outreach strategies for building collaborative relationships and recruiting potential peer mentors.
VISTA VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES will include developing effective marketing materials for assigned events, identifying the desired attributes of successful peer-mentors, recruiting candidates, and assisting in the organization of their training and support, both at KVIBE and in the community. The Community Outreach Assistant will be required to attend and participate in all meetings related to KVIBE and KKV Youth Program coordination.
The successful applicant for this position should demonstrate:
- Positive energy, compassion, and aloha-- be present, welcoming, and nurturing
- A passion for people and a respect for cultural diversity
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with little or no supervision
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A balance of self-reliance and teamwork reflecting an understanding of the collaborative process
- The ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- A general knowledge of computers, MS Office, and basic office equipment
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing
- A willingness to understand the historical, cultural, and socio-economic experiences that may influence local motivations, behaviors, and priorities
- A concern for the environment and an understanding of the importance of environmental stewardship
TOBACCO HEALTH EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Kokua Kalihi Valley’s Quit Tobacco Program is seeking a part-time Tobacco Health Education Assistant. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and conducts outreach events related to the promotion and education of the Quit Tobacco Program
- Assists in developing outreach and education materials for potential and current patients
- Assists in educating the community about the Quit Tobacco Program
- Promotes and recruits patients at community outreach events such as resident association meetings, health fairs and church events
- Assist in data collection and monitoring of the program database
- Assists program coordinator with on-site and off-site events
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters in Public Health preferred
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to work directly and collaboratively with diverse persons and programs found in a multi-faceted community
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking and writing) with proven ability to take and relay detailed and accurate information.
-Community outreach experience preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred
Integrative Behavioral Health Medical Assistant Position
This position is responsible for primarily assisting Behavioral Health Providers in the Primary Care Clinic under our Integrative Behavioral health (IBH) Program. Duties includes: checking in/out patients for their appointments; taking vitals; intake and appointment scheduling; assisting with routine behavioral health screening questionnaires; data collection/entry; making referrals to community providers and resources; and lastly, assisting with case management as well as psychosocial and crisis support services for IBH patients. Preference for individuals who are able to function in an integrative setting with a multidisciplinary staff (able to work with both Primary Care Providers as well as Behavioral Health providers).
Qualification: Medical Assistant training and Certificate required. One year experience in working in a health setting preferred. Bilingual language skills preferred.
Perinatal Case Manager
Job Summary: Provide medical, outreach and case management services for pregnant women in a community health center
Required: Medical Assistant certificate; Comfortable providing care and education in a medical clinic and conducting home visits in a multi-cultural community. Able to use computer office software.
Preferred: Experience with electronic medical records; Experience providing prenatal and women’s health services; Bilingual; Chuukese-speaking.
Ehuola is a Hawaiian culture based health program that works with keiki and their ʻohana to strengthen connections to ancestral ways of well-being. We are currently recruiting for a Kako'o to join our team. Requirements for this position include; strong cultural foundation, excellent communication, competent administrative skills, dependable and able to work with aloha. There will be occasional evening and weekend hours required. Background in health and/or Hawaiian healing modalities preferred.
Nutrition Aide--Full time
KKV WIC Program is seeking a new team member who is able to work in a busy, fast-paced environment, possesses good customer service and critical thinking skills. The job involves conducting eligibility assessment and enrollment, provide nutrition assessment, counseling, education, and food instruments for WIC program participants. Bilingual skills preferred. WIC or nutrition experience preferred.
-Bachelors in Nutrition or WIC Certified Competent Profession Authority (CPA)
-Effective written and verbal communication skills.
-Flexible to work Monday through Saturday.
Accountant (Full Time)
The Accountant will be responsible for the administration of government and private grants; analyzes fiscal data; maintaining accounting records; preparing budgets. Performs other related duties as required include all aspects of accounting tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.
Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounting including reconciling of accounts and preparing budgets and financial reports. Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and able to multi-task various duties. Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments. Knowledge of SAGE accounting software preferred.
Medical Assistant Position (Behavioral Health)
Responsible for overseeing front desk, appointment scheduling, and checking in patients of Behavioral Health Program in a Community Health Center setting in Kalihi. Also responsible for assisting Providers including Psychiatrist and Therapists, giving injections to patients and calling in prescriptions for medications, assist with blister pack medications monitoring, assist with case management and psychosocial and crisis support services for clients, making referrals to community providers and resources.
Medical Assistant training required. One year experience in working in a health setting preferred. Bilingual language skills preferred.
Medical Assistant (Front & Back Office)
Comprehensive Community Health Center is seeking self-motivated & sociable Medical Assistant for our Front and back office.
Responsibilities include greeting patients, checking them in, assisting providers, carrying out orders, cleaning treatment rooms and office, assisting with small procedures, telephones, making appointments, referrals and gathering information from patients.
Medical Assistant or equivalent training in the medical field required.
One year experience in the medical field required.
Bilingual language skills preferred. Position is available ASAP.
We are seeking F/T Medical Assistant, work hours are from 7.30am to 6pm, 4 days per week.
Job Summary: Will perform a variety of technical, clerical and patient care activities both front and back office. Works cooperatively with providers, other staff,clients and other departments.
Education: Technical/Specialized Training
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of a medical assistant program and extenship program.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!