Family Planning/Women’s Health Educator
Provide services in a community health clinic including pregnancy & STD testing & counseling; education re: birth control & pregnancy.
Required: Comfortable discussing family planning issues with teens and adults in a multi-cultural community. Able to use computer office software.
Preferred: Medical Assistant Certificate; Experience with electronic medical records; Experience providing women’s health/family planning services; Prefer Bilingual; Chuukese-speaking.
Advanced Sewing Instructor
Kokua Kalihi Valley is seeking an Advanced Sewing Instructor for the Seams Wonderful program. This is a TEMPORARY position from May – December 2015. It is a part time position (19 hours /week) and does not include benefits. The pay is $15 / hr. Applicants must be able to speak English and Chuukese. Must have advanced level skills in sewing machine use, sewing, use and creation of patterns, and design creation.
The Seams Wonderful Sewing Program was began in 2008 to help create economic opportunities for women who arrive in the U.S. from Asian and Pacific Island nations who face many barriers accessing the workforce.
1. Leads daily advanced sewing classes each week and provides individual advanced sewing instruction and guidance to Seams Wonderful participants.
2. Provides instruction and demonstration of:
- Advanced stitching techniques
- Creating Patterns
- Use of patterns for a variety of advanced sewing items
- Measuring people and create custom size clothing
- Creating clothing from previous garments
3. Helps Seams Wonderful develop new lines of sewing items
4. Provides interpretation services to each client in his/her native language when needed.
5. Gives sewing participants feedback on their performance including skills accomplished and skills needing further development
6. Prepares course materials and provides handouts as appropriate
7. Communicates information with enthusiasm, clarity and patience
8. Ensures safe and appropriate use of all equipment
9. Develops culturally appropriate protocols and lessons
10. Works with the Family Strengthening Outreach Worker / Case Manager to evaluate Participants learning and skills development
11. Helps the participants prepare for the showcasing and selling of Seems Wonderful products
12. Advises supervisor on suggestions for program development
13. Ensures that the sewing room is kept clean and safe
14. Participates in KKV Crop Shop Famers Market on a weekly basis.
Behavioral Health Case Manger
Looking for a Full-time Case Manager position for working with Behavioral Health client populations. Responsible for the assessment, care planning and monitoring, crisis intervention, ongoing psychosocial support, and community outreach of assigned clients.
Case management experience in the community preferred. College graduate preferred. Working experience in social work and/or health field preferred. Bi-lingual skills preferred.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!