OUTREACH AND EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Kokua Kalihi Valley’s Quit Tobacco Program is seeking a part-time Outreach and Education Assistant. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and conducts outreaches related to the promotion and education of the Quit Tobacco Program
- Assists in developing outreach and education materials for potential and current patients
- Assists in educating the community about the Quit Tobacco Program
- Promotes and recruits for patients at community outreach events such as resident association meetings, health fairs and church events
- Assist in data collection and monitoring of the program database
- Assists program coordinator with on-site and off-site events
- Some college, bachelors degree preferred
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to work directly and collaboratively with diverse persons and programs found in a multi-faceted community
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking and writing) with proven ability to take and relay detailed and accurate information.
-Community experience preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred
VAN DRIVER needed to work 16 hr/ week (M, W and F 8 a.m. – 1:30 pm) and on call to provide safe transportation to clients between KKV and designated sites. Greets clients cheerfully and assists them to enter and exit the van. Checks and maintains van for cleanliness and fluid levels. Submits reports on repair problems. Ensures that the client van log is complete and accurate. No benefits.
One year experience working as a driver
Ability to work with multicultural staff and clients
Excellent driving habits
Hawaii Driver License
Good driving abstract
Clean criminal background check
High school graduate
Accountant (Full Time)
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.
Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounting including reconciling of accounts and preparing budgets and financial reports. Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and able to multi-task various duties. Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments. Knowledge of SAGE accounting software preferred.
We are seeking F/T Medical Assistant, work hours are from 7.30am to 6pm, 4 days per week.
Job Summary: Will perform a variety of technical, clerical and patient care activities both front and back office. Works cooperatively with providers, other staff,clients and other departments.
Education: Technical/Specialized Training
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of a medical assistant program and extenship program.
Dental Assistant (F/T) Immediate Opening. Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by performing various duties. Knowledge of Dentrix software & Digital X-rays is a plus. Two years of dental assistant and / or pediatrics experiences preferred. Works well in group problem solving situations; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Works with integrity and ethically; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Is consistently at work and on time; Follows instructions.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!