Summary: Responsible for overseeing the implementation of KKV’s grants strategy, strategically supporting KKV’s financial health and program impact.
Essential duties: Tracking funding cycles across the organization to ensure sustainability; assisting with program, organizational, and capital planning in alignment with KKV’s strategic priorities; maintaining existing funding sources and cultivating new and appropriate sources, primarily through developing grant proposals; assisting with the implementation of new projects as needed, including staff development and program evaluation; promoting integration across departments and excitement around KKV’s mission.
Qualifications: Candidates must demonstrate excellent writing capabilities and interpersonal communication skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize, the ability to work with a multi-cultural staff, and the ability to conceptualize and synthesize heterogeneous sources of information into coherent proposals. Candidates should have prior experience in fund development and/or program management; supervisory experience a plus. Bachelor’s degree in related field required, and Master’s degree preferred.
Advanced Sewing Instructor
Kokua Kalihi Valley is seeking an Advanced Sewing Instructor for the Seams Wonderful program. This is a TEMPORARY position from May – December 2015. It is a part time position (19 hours /week) and does not include benefits. The pay is $15 / hr. Applicants must be able to speak English and Chuukese. Must have advanced level skills in sewing machine use, sewing, use and creation of patterns, and design creation.
The Seams Wonderful Sewing Program was began in 2008 to help create economic opportunities for women who arrive in the U.S. from Asian and Pacific Island nations who face many barriers accessing the workforce.
1. Leads daily advanced sewing classes each week and provides individual advanced sewing instruction and guidance to Seams Wonderful participants.
2. Provides instruction and demonstration of:
- Advanced stitching techniques
- Creating Patterns
- Use of patterns for a variety of advanced sewing items
- Measuring people and create custom size clothing
- Creating clothing from previous garments
3. Helps Seams Wonderful develop new lines of sewing items
4. Provides interpretation services to each client in his/her native language when needed.
5. Gives sewing participants feedback on their performance including skills accomplished and skills needing further development
6. Prepares course materials and provides handouts as appropriate
7. Communicates information with enthusiasm, clarity and patience
8. Ensures safe and appropriate use of all equipment
9. Develops culturally appropriate protocols and lessons
10. Works with the Family Strengthening Outreach Worker / Case Manager to evaluate Participants learning and skills development
11. Helps the participants prepare for the showcasing and selling of Seems Wonderful products
12. Advises supervisor on suggestions for program development
13. Ensures that the sewing room is kept clean and safe
14. Participates in KKV Crop Shop Famers Market on a weekly basis.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Looking for a Full-time LCSW for working at a Community Health Center serving an ethnically diverse multicultural community in Kalihi. Responsible for evaluation and assessment for array of behavioral health issues including depression, anxiety and other behavioral health disorders, and providing psychosocial intervention, treatment, referral services and psychotherapy including brief, short-term, long-term or group therapy.
License as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Hawaii, required. Two years of experience as LCSW, preferred. One year working experience in a community health setting, preferred.
Clinic Operations Manager
Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) has an exciting opportunity for a Clinic Operations Manager who is able to successfully supervise employees conducting front office tasks and billing staff. This manager needs to work independently and thrive in a fast paced environment with a variety of duties in a health center committed to excellence and quality services.
Responsible for all aspects of the office to include management of staff and the functions for billing, intake, insurance verification, collecting co pays.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills and ability to handle patient related issues
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of EMR systems
BA/BS or comparable education and training
At least two years experience in a medical / healthcare practice in a similar position and one year of supervisory experience (required)
ORGANIZATION: Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) is a non-profit Community Health Center that was founded 40 years ago to promote healing, reconciliation and the alleviation of suffering in Kalihi Valley. Voted one of the Best Places to Work in 2011 and 2012 and recipient of the 2014 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award, KKV provides a comprehensive array of health care and social services to Kalihi Valley’s predominantly low-income, Asian and Pacific Islander immigrant population. Our 190 diverse staff work together toward the vision of a healthy community in which neighbors help to heal neighbors, and individuals see themselves as part of a larger whole, connected to each other, to their culture and to their shared land. To learn more about KKV please visit http://www.kkv.net.
Perinatal Case Manager – Kokua Kalihi Valley
Job Summary: Provide medical, outreach and case management services for pregnant women in a community health center
Required: Medical Assistant certificate; Comfortable providing care and education in a medical clinic and conducting home visits in a multi-cultural community. Able to use computer office software.
Preferred: Experience with electronic medical records; Experience providing prenatal and women’s health services; Bilingual; Chuukese-speaking.
Please send resume to:
Conduct eligibility assessment and enrollment of applicants for the WIC program, provide nutrition education and food instruments. Possesses good customer service skills, punctual, able to work in a busy, fast-paced environment, and can work in a team setting.
Qualifications: High School diploma, computer literacy, effective written and verbal communication skills required. Flexible to work Monday through Saturday. Bilingual skills preferred, Chuukese speaking preferred. WIC or nutrition experience preferred.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!