Job Title: Dental Assistant (F/T) Immediate Opening. Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by performing various duties. Knowledge of Dentrix software & Digital X-rays is a plus. Two years of dental assistant and / or pediatrics experiences preferred. Works well in group problem solving situations; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Works with integrity and ethically; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Is consistently at work and on time; Follows instructions.
Advanced Sewing Instructor
Kokua Kalihi Valley is seeking an Advanced Sewing Instructor for the Seams Wonderful program. This is a TEMPORARY position from May – December 2015. It is a part time position (19 hours /week) and does not include benefits. The pay is $15 / hr. Applicants must be able to speak English and Chuukese. Must have advanced level skills in sewing machine use, sewing, use and creation of patterns, and design creation.
The Seams Wonderful Sewing Program was began in 2008 to help create economic opportunities for women who arrive in the U.S. from Asian and Pacific Island nations who face many barriers accessing the workforce.
1. Leads daily advanced sewing classes each week and provides individual advanced sewing instruction and guidance to Seams Wonderful participants.
2. Provides instruction and demonstration of:
- Advanced stitching techniques
- Creating Patterns
- Use of patterns for a variety of advanced sewing items
- Measuring people and create custom size clothing
- Creating clothing from previous garments
3. Helps Seams Wonderful develop new lines of sewing items
4. Provides interpretation services to each client in his/her native language when needed.
5. Gives sewing participants feedback on their performance including skills accomplished and skills needing further development
6. Prepares course materials and provides handouts as appropriate
7. Communicates information with enthusiasm, clarity and patience
8. Ensures safe and appropriate use of all equipment
9. Develops culturally appropriate protocols and lessons
10. Works with the Family Strengthening Outreach Worker / Case Manager to evaluate Participants learning and skills development
11. Helps the participants prepare for the showcasing and selling of Seems Wonderful products
12. Advises supervisor on suggestions for program development
13. Ensures that the sewing room is kept clean and safe
14. Participates in KKV Crop Shop Famers Market on a weekly basis.
Behavioral Health Provider/Therapist (LCSW or Clinical Psychologist)
Looking for a Full-time Therapist for working at a Community Health Center serving an ethnically diverse multicultural community in Kalihi. Responsible for evaluation and assessment for array of behavioral health issues including depression, anxiety and other behavioral health disorders, and providing psychosocial intervention, treatment, referral services and psychotherapy including brief, short-term, long-term or group therapy.
Valid Hawaii Psychologist or Clinical Social Work license required.
Clinic Operations Manager
Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) has an exciting opportunity for a Clinic Operations Manager who is able to successfully supervise employees conducting front office tasks and billing staff. This manager needs to work independently and thrive in a fast paced environment with a variety of duties in a health center committed to excellence and quality services.
Responsible for all aspects of the office to include management of staff and the functions for billing, intake, insurance verification, collecting co pays.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills and ability to handle patient related issues
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of EMR systems
BA/BS or comparable education and training
At least two years experience in a medical / healthcare practice in a similar position and one year of supervisory experience (required)
ORGANIZATION: Kokua Kalihi Valley (KKV) is a non-profit Community Health Center that was founded 40 years ago to promote healing, reconciliation and the alleviation of suffering in Kalihi Valley. Voted one of the Best Places to Work in 2011 and 2012 and recipient of the 2014 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award, KKV provides a comprehensive array of health care and social services to Kalihi Valley’s predominantly low-income, Asian and Pacific Islander immigrant population. Our 190 diverse staff work together toward the vision of a healthy community in which neighbors help to heal neighbors, and individuals see themselves as part of a larger whole, connected to each other, to their culture and to their shared land. To learn more about KKV please visit http://www.kkv.net.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!