KKV’s success depends upon our ability to maintain deep roots in Kalihi Valley. We know that this community is rich with cultural knowledge, wisdom, and diverse talents, and we aim to uplift these gifts through our hiring practices. As a result, many of our employees and volunteers come directly from the community we serve. KKV is an equal opportunity employer.
AmeriCorps VISTA Community Outreach Assistant (Honolulu)
The Kalihi Valley Instructional Bike Exchange (KVIBE) is currently accepting AmeriCorps VISTA applications for a Community Outreach Assistant to establish and strengthen relationships between KVIBE and Kalihi service providers, educational institutions, religious and community-based organizations in an effort to develop KVIBE's youth mentoring program. Through these collaborative relationships KVIBE will engage Kalihi youth by promoting mental, physical, and social well-being through positive community engagement.
- Assist in the overall organization, promotion, and implementation of the First Annual Kalihi Ahupua'a Fun Ride in January 2017.
- Assist in the development of a peer-mentoring program and curriculum in consultation with KVIBE staff and relevant community partners.
- Identify community-based partners and develop creative outreach strategies for building collaborative relationships and recruiting potential peer mentors.
VISTA VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES will include developing effective marketing materials for assigned events, identifying the desired attributes of successful peer-mentors, recruiting candidates, and assisting in the organization of their training and support, both at KVIBE and in the community. The Community Outreach Assistant will be required to attend and participate in all meetings related to KVIBE and KKV Youth Program coordination.
The successful applicant for this position should demonstrate:
- Positive energy, compassion, and aloha-- be present, welcoming, and nurturing
- A passion for people and a respect for cultural diversity
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with little or no supervision
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A balance of self-reliance and teamwork reflecting an understanding of the collaborative process
- The ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- A general knowledge of computers, MS Office, and basic office equipment
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing
- A willingness to understand the historical, cultural, and socio-economic experiences that may influence local motivations, behaviors, and priorities
- A concern for the environment and an understanding of the importance of environmental stewardship
TOBACCO HEALTH EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Kokua Kalihi Valley’s Quit Tobacco Program is seeking a part-time Tobacco Health Education Assistant. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and conducts outreach events related to the promotion and education of the Quit Tobacco Program
- Assists in developing outreach and education materials for potential and current patients
- Assists in educating the community about the Quit Tobacco Program
- Promotes and recruits patients at community outreach events such as resident association meetings, health fairs and church events
- Assist in data collection and monitoring of the program database
- Assists program coordinator with on-site and off-site events
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters in Public Health preferred
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to work directly and collaboratively with diverse persons and programs found in a multi-faceted community
- Effective communication skills (listening, speaking and writing) with proven ability to take and relay detailed and accurate information.
-Community outreach experience preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred
Integrative Behavioral Health Medical Assistant Position
This position is responsible for primarily assisting Behavioral Health Providers in the Primary Care Clinic under our Integrative Behavioral health (IBH) Program. Duties includes: checking in/out patients for their appointments; taking vitals; intake and appointment scheduling; assisting with routine behavioral health screening questionnaires; data collection/entry; making referrals to community providers and resources; and lastly, assisting with case management as well as psychosocial and crisis support services for IBH patients. Preference for individuals who are able to function in an integrative setting with a multidisciplinary staff (able to work with both Primary Care Providers as well as Behavioral Health providers).
Qualification: Medical Assistant training and Certificate required. One year experience in working in a health setting preferred. Bilingual language skills preferred.
Perinatal Case Manager
Job Summary: Provide medical, outreach and case management services for pregnant women in a community health center
Required: Medical Assistant certificate; Comfortable providing care and education in a medical clinic and conducting home visits in a multi-cultural community. Able to use computer office software.
Preferred: Experience with electronic medical records; Experience providing prenatal and women’s health services; Bilingual; Chuukese-speaking.
Oversee reception area with responsibility for: providing friendly, compassionate and professional customer service, checking-in patients, appointment scheduling, confirming insurance through various providers (HMSA, Ohana Quest, Alohacare Quest, etc.), correctly inputting information into computer system, answering telephone, communicating with other departments regarding patient needs, adhering to all billing requirements and working well with others.
Computer skills, including email, Word and basic Excel
Experience in the medical field
Experience with patients or clients
Flexibility to work five days within Monday thru Saturday
Ehuola is a Hawaiian culture based health program that works with keiki and their ʻohana to strengthen connections to ancestral ways of well-being. We are currently recruiting for a Kako'o to join our team. Requirements for this position include; strong cultural foundation, excellent communication, competent administrative skills, dependable and able to work with aloha. There will be occasional evening and weekend hours required. Background in health and/or Hawaiian healing modalities preferred.
Nutrition Aide--Full time
KKV WIC Program is seeking a new team member who is able to work in a busy, fast-paced environment, possesses good customer service and critical thinking skills. The job involves conducting eligibility assessment and enrollment, provide nutrition assessment, counseling, education, and food instruments for WIC program participants. Bilingual skills preferred. WIC or nutrition experience preferred.
-Bachelors in Nutrition or WIC Certified Competent Profession Authority (CPA)
-Effective written and verbal communication skills.
-Flexible to work Monday through Saturday.
Dentist proficient in performing all phases of dentistry. Applicants should be committed to high quality patient care, excellent customer service, preferably
bilingual. Required experience 2 - 5 years.
Kokua Kalihi Valley Comprehensive Family Services - as a non-profit community health center, we offer an enjoyable work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a great workplace culture.
Candidates must be a graduate of an accredited dental school and have or be eligible for the Hawaii State Dental License. J1 and H1B visa candidates are welcome to apply. EEO.
Accountant (Full Time)
The Accountant will be responsible for the administration of government and private grants; analyzes fiscal data; maintaining accounting records; preparing budgets. Performs other related duties as required include all aspects of accounting tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.
Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounting including reconciling of accounts and preparing budgets and financial reports. Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and able to multi-task various duties. Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments. Knowledge of SAGE accounting software preferred.
Medical Assistant Position (Behavioral Health)
Responsible for overseeing front desk, appointment scheduling, and checking in patients of Behavioral Health Program in a Community Health Center setting in Kalihi. Also responsible for assisting Providers including Psychiatrist and Therapists, giving injections to patients and calling in prescriptions for medications, assist with blister pack medications monitoring, assist with case management and psychosocial and crisis support services for clients, making referrals to community providers and resources.
Medical Assistant training required. One year experience in working in a health setting preferred. Bilingual language skills preferred.
Job Title: Dental Assistant (F/T) Immediate Opening. Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by performing various duties. Knowledge of Dentrix software & Digital X-rays is a plus. Two years of dental assistant and / or pediatrics experiences preferred. Works well in group problem solving situations; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Works with integrity and ethically; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Is consistently at work and on time; Follows instructions.
Medical Assistant (Front & Back Office)
Comprehensive Community Health Center is seeking self-motivated & sociable Medical Assistant for our Front and back office.
Responsibilities include greeting patients, checking them in, assisting providers, carrying out orders, cleaning treatment rooms and office, assisting with small procedures, telephones, making appointments, referrals and gathering information from patients.
Medical Assistant or equivalent training in the medical field required.
One year experience in the medical field required.
Bilingual language skills preferred. Position is available ASAP.
We are seeking F/T Medical Assistant, work hours are from 7.30am to 6pm, 4 days per week.
Job Summary: Will perform a variety of technical, clerical and patient care activities both front and back office. Works cooperatively with providers, other staff,clients and other departments.
Education: Technical/Specialized Training
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of a medical assistant program and extenship program.
Mahalo for your interest in joining our team and sharing your Aloha and Kōkua with Kalihi Valley!